Moomin Language School
playful language learning
Moomin Language School brings digital language learning to children through learning organizations.
We provide an effective method and modern tools for developing children’s foreign language skills: learning games support individual learning on a daily basis whereas playful lessons are for social learning in groups. The child is an active participant and learning is enhanced when it occurs in different environments.
We track children’s progress individually and encourage them to learn. We ensure that children learn the new language through play and joy. In Moomin Language School, children are treated with respect and they will learn in a safe and supporting environment. Our values arise from the Finnish education philosophy but also from the lovable world of the Moomins.
The service was awarded as the best Finnish e-learning solution in a quality competition in 2015.
- Moomin Language School is a carefully planned package. I like the fact that in Moomin Language School, you do not concentrate on the challenges but on the positive. The Moomins inspire children to learn.
- With this service, children learn how to use a tablet in a proper and safe way.
- Those who haven’t spoken a word earlier now have the courage to talk. The program inspires children and gives them a sense of success. Sometimes children even high five when they succeed in an exercise.
- Sofia has made a linguistic leap onto another level. She now has the courage to speak Finnish even outside daycare.
- The program fits well into everyday life at the daycare centres and no special arrangements have been needed.
- Teaching foreign languages was not familiar to us, but with the help of ready-made teaching plans from Moomin Language School, it was easy to include digital language immersion into our early education.
Moomin Language SchoolTekniikantie 12 FIN-02150 Espoo FINLAND